Though we are not a computer help desk at Sky Angel, we sometimes need to troubleshoot modem/router settings on a customer's computer to help the Sky Angel service to work optimally. Here is how to walk through these settings on your computer.
This guide should be helpful should you have to connect a computer using Windows XP to a wireless network.
Click on Start. Click On Control Panel.
Double Click on Network Connections.
(If the screen doesn't appear like this, click on Switch To Classic View at the top left)
- Find and right click on the Wireless Network Connection icon. Select View Available Wireless Networks.
- The Wireless Network Connection window should appear. It will display available networks:
Select your network. Then click on the Connect button on the bottom.
You should see a box asking for the network key (This is Key 1 if using WEP or Passphrase if using WPA). Type in your network key and click connect.)
- A box will pop up showing Windows is trying to connect to your wireless network.
- The Wireless Network list will re-appear. If successful your network should say "connected".
- See if you can get on the internet.